Design the Tshirt!
- Homepage Images
Everyone can appreciate the importance and beauty of the brain! From controlling delicate movements to interpreting the passion of emotions and everything in between, our brains are the center of who we are. Celebrate the range of what they are capable of through art. Use neuroscience to inspire your artwork and let your art contribute to the general understanding of the brain.
Create an original piece of artwork, and yours may be chosen to become the design for the 2016 MSU Neuroscience Outreach t-shirt! The shirt will be worn at all MSU Neuroscience Outreach functions in 2016, including the Brain Bee at MSU, the Neuroscience Fair, and all Brain Awareness Week events! The winning design will also be featured on the Brain Bee at MSU website and displayed in Giltner Hall, the home of the MSU Neuroscience Program.
Any questions can be directed to MSUNeuroscienceOutreach@gmail.com
Any person can submit artwork.
Submissions must be e-mailed by 11:59pm on Friday, January 8, 2016 to MSUNeuroscienceOutreach@gmail.com. The winner will be contacted by Friday, January 15, 2016.
Entries will be judged based on artistic merit and clear relationship to neuroscience. Their decisions will be final.
The chosen artwork will become the design for the 2016 MSU Neuroscience Outreach t-shirt. The shirt will be worn at all MSU Neuroscience Outreach functions in 2016, including the Brain Bee at MSU, the Neuroscience Fair, and all Brain Awareness Week events! The winning design will also be featured on the Brain Bee at MSU website and displayed in Giltner Hall, the home of the MSU Neuroscience Program.
- All art must be original and must not contain any third-party logos, trademarks or copyright material.
- Entries must be no larger than 8.5"x11" (portrait orientation only). The design is for the front of the shirt.
- Designs may include line art and text but no photographs.
- No more than three (3) colors can be used. No gradients or half tones. NOTE: Exact color matching cannot be guaranteed on the printed design. It depends on the colors available. We will be using spot color printing.
- The phrases "Michigan State University" and "Neuroscience Program" should be included in the design.
- MSU logos can be used in the design. However, the design will need to be approved by the University (additional step in judging) if logos are included. Logos must be used as described by University Relations: Logos and Marks Information and Brand Standards. If MSU logos are used improperly, the design cannot be used.
- Brain Bee at MSU reserves the right to make changes to the winning design before printing, including changes in image size or ink color or t-shirt color
- The artist should indicate the preferred color of the t-shirt.
- Artwork must be submitted digitally. Images in .jpg, .gif, or .png files will be accepted. The resolution should be at least 150 dpi. Please keep file size below 5MB. The winning artist will be asked for a higher resolution file (300 dpi; preferably .eps or .ai using spot color layers). NOTE: Very detailed artwork does not transfer to a screen print well. Consider this fact when designing your artwork.
- Entries will not be returned to the contestant.
- Digital submission is considered agreement (by the artist and his/her parent or guardian) to the submission rules.
All work must be original. Materials cannot violate trademarks, copyrights, and/or rights of privacy or publicity; applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations must be complied with; and rights of the materials must not have not been previously given to other people, organizations, or businesses. If entries contain copyrighted, branded, and/or trademarked materials without proper written permission, they will be disqualified. This contest is void where prohibited and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Entrant indemnifies and holds the Michigan State Neuroscience Program, its officers, directors and agents harmless from any and all liability arising from, or relating to, the judging or handling of the design submitted and conducting, sponsoring and advertising the event. By submiting artwork, entrant grants Michigan State Neuroscience Program a royalty-free worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, and the designer's name and photograph in any media now existing or subsequently developed for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, and all other standard purposes. Michigan State Neuroscience Program will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses. Michigan State Neuroscience Program reserves the right to use any image submitted for promotion of our website and future art contests.